Sunday, October 13, 2013

My first prophecy

As some of you know I was in Norway for three weeks in September.  I went there for two reasons.  I needed some time off and I needed to see my fiancé Jonas Stava.  Jonas left for Norway back in May and I hadn't seen him in almost four months.

While my time in Norway was relaxing and fun, I also had the chance to share and meet with people who wanted to hear about my ministry.  I shared in a few different small groups and bible groups as well as two different churches.  I also got to know Jonas' family more.  I had a wonderful time bonding with his sister and her kids as well as his parents.  They are wonderful God-fearing people that I admire so much.   I enjoyed my time in Norway and I look forward to going back.

One specific thing I want to share is a prophecy that someone I'd never met before shared with me.  Towards the ladder end of my trip Jonas and I went to meet his former spiritual mentor.  This man is partially responsible for leading Jonas back to Christ.  We went to pick him up but he wasn't ready to leave yet.  Jonas' spiritual mentor's name is Olga.  Olga was meeting with an old teacher of his that had a really bad fall.  She was in need of prayer and healing.  They mainly spoke in Norwegian so I quietly sat on the couch and played with my phone, editing pictures and updating my calendar.  I could understand maybe 20% of what they were saying but other than that I was lost.   After about an hour of conversation Jonas said that we could leave.
As we got up to leave the old lady looked at me and said in clear English, "Wait, I think I have something for you."  I didn't know what to say. It was sudden and unexpected and loud.  (she was a fairly small woman)  I just stood there afraid to do anything for fear that I would disrupt the message she was receiving from God.
She prayed briefly to herself and opened her eyes saying, "Don't look behind you, don't look in the past.  Look ahead.  Look forward.  God is with you and he will protect you."  She paused again, then started to say, "You're life will be difficult.  You will be on a winding path with many turns and curves.  You're path will not be straight and wide.  It will be narrow and sometimes dangerous but don't be afraid.  You will reach your goal."  Then she said, "I will be with you as you walk down the path  I will send my angels concerning you. Do not be afraid."

Half way through the prophecy I was already extremely emotional.  No one had ever shared an actual prophecy with me before.  Some people have said to me, "Pattie, you will do amazing things one day." "Pattie, I know God has something big for you."  I never know if I believe it.  I just want to live for God. But I have never experienced anything like this.

I haven't shared this with many people but before I left for Norway I was seriously thinking and praying about my relationship with Jonas.  (If Jonas was the right person for me.)  I had my parents' voice in the back of my head and my love for Taiwan in the front.  Jonas is still in school and it looks like God's plan for him is to be in school for some time.  I don't believe Jonas will stay in Norway but I believe God will lead him to many different places and countries, giving him different experiences and cultures.  In other words, it would take a few years before we head back to Taiwan.  I was doubtful that we would go back to Taiwan and the fear of not coming back to Taiwan scared me.   A few people were praying for me and giving me words of encouragement but nothing really stuck in my brain.  All I did hear was, "Just stay with Jonas, trust in me."  But then that voice would be drown out by my parent's voice and my own fears/desires.

In Norway, Jonas and I talked and prayed.  His parents and I talked and prayed.  I thought and prayed.  I think I always knew that Jonas was the person God had for me but so many factors that I hadn't anticipated pointed away from him. Until I met this lady.

There is no doubt in my mind that what she shared with me was directly from God using her as a loud speaker in my life.  What she said aligned with everything I was struggling with and praying about.  My goal is to be in Taiwan and my path to get there won't be easy or straight.  My paren's are in the back of my mind as I look in the past instead of the future.  I never thought I would come face to face with a prophecy about my life.  Simple but to the point.  Just enough for me to understand and submit to God's will.
After she shared so abruptly with me, a sense of peace, love and joy washed over me.  I wasn't afraid anymore and all the things that I knew God was telling me made sense.
I may never see her again but Ruth, if you ever read this; Thank you.

And thanks be to God.