Sunday, November 21, 2010

Year one part eins.

It's been a little over a year since I've moved to Portland.  I have changed more in this season of my life than any other.  I have more hopes and dreams for the world than I had a year ago living in my Southern California bubble.    Southern California is the idea that everything is sunny and splendid.  Its a great place to live and build relationships but thats just it, its a great idea.  The weather never changes and somehow I think that Sol Cal shaped me but towards the end I felt like I was no longer growing.  Portland has challenged me in my faith, friendships, family, and love.  It might also have to do with Multnomah Seminary.  Seminary destroyed me.  In a good way. (I'll unpack that later)   Coming to seminary probably was the biggest and best decision that God has placed before me.   Don't get my wrong I love California, I miss California and I probably will go back, but it seems like a completely different world.  This blog will share with you my thoughts on love, friendship, relationships, friends, God, struggle, pain, food, travel, and life.  It never ends and I hope that you will share with me your story.  Blogging scares me, it seems so pretentious but I've realized that this blog is probably more for my benefit than yours.



Listening to....True Love-Phil Wickham
 Come close and listen to a story about a love more faithful than the morning. -
I love phil wickham.