Tuesday, November 30, 2010

some things are worth waiting for....

I suck at waiting and being still.  I also suck at waiting when I don't know what the outcome will be. Now I realize how selfish this.  I also realize that this only pertains to me if I am waiting but I don't mind making other people wait.   I have this "center of the universe" complex sometimes.  Trust me I am working on it.  Right now I am waiting...waiting on God, waiting on my professors, waiting on emails, just waiting.  I have lots of work I am doing this week. It seems like everything and I mean everything is due this week.  It has been taxing on me and I am still working at my other job.  I haven't been eating much and I haven't been sleeping much.  And yet I am still waiting.  I don't know what to expect when it all comes to close and I pray that it comes to a good close.  I am learning that patience is something that takes great energy.   I am used to taking things into my own hands and just getting it done the way I think it should be done.  If its not worth it to me, I'll move on.  I'll write it off and move on... But this time its different.  This time it is clear that I have to wait.  This time its something worth waiting for.   I have been praying for God's guidance in this situation and so he leads me to wait.  I am hopeful and I am taking the time to get all my stuff done.  While waiting I reflect a bit more about the person I am and how I can be a better person for what I am waiting on.   So...I wait...