Monday, October 3, 2011

Life after seminary

So I've been done with school for a few months now and its october.  (As most of you know)  Whats strange is that as much as I love seminary and school, I don't really miss it.  However I do feel like I am getting stupider by not being in school.  I don't feel like I am learning much.  My life basically consists of working, eating, sleeping, and socializing.

I can understand why people don't feel the need for God...because quite honestly if I wasn't a christian I don't know how much I would ask the question, "What's the meaning of life?" THere really isn't any time to stop and think about it.  But what I have noticed is my lack of God.  I have to actively pursue God and actively mentally, emotionally, spiritually be aware of my walk with God.  That is strange.  In seminary it was great, I loved it.  I had this great network and we talked about theology, life with God, Christianity...basically all things Jesus.  Now that I am done with that...I don't have it anymore and I miss it.  I realize how many things have fallen off..I don't journal as consistently, I don't read as consistently and I don't spend time with God as consistently.  It really is a discipline..its not even a habit. Its a cognitive decision for me to wake up every morning and spend time with God.  Its hard.  Its hard but necessary.  I know it is.  I know what my day is like when I don't do it and I know what my day is like when I do do it.

I'm in a transition stage right now and I guess I'll have to figure out what my life will look like once I get to Taiwan.  I hope that I hear from all of you and expect some time of prayer later soon.